The New and Awesome City Planner, Editor and Simulator
By Gulbenkian in the official forum
City Plan[n]er is an awesome tool... but I wouldn't know it, since it is Windows only.
Therefore I have spent a few hours to hack together a tool that should run on all platforms with a modern browser and which has a few extras.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly present the initial-alpha-testing version of the new stunning and awesome City Integrated Planner, Editor and Konfigurator, CIPEK for short.
- it is a single file that does not need to be installed
- Buildings can be set to any level, and parameters will be configured accordingly
- Traps and towers are also supported -- you can find out how many men fit into the towers, how many enemy units will be neutralised
- The integrated recorder allows to estimate total costs of complex operations (in terms of resources and time)
- Editing is easy thanks to context menus, drag-and-drop (just drag that hut from one tile to another) and cloning
- Import-export of ShareString 1.2 / City Planner text strings means that you can still use the old CP format in forums
- You can save the cities directly in your browser (using cookies, ain't that cool?)
- Since it is CSS/HTML only, there is no graphics. However, if you place it in your City Planner folder, it will use some graphic files included in the City Planner
- It is mine, and I like it
Basic usage is not different from City Planner. To populate your city, you can:
- Click on a tile and select its function
- Move tiles (dnd) from one place to another
- Using context menu to destroy and modify buildings and resources
- Use the "clone" option (settings panel) to quickly clone many similar buildings
To create a city with harbor, select "harbor" from the City Style option in the Settings panel on the left
Download Gulbenkian's CIPEK Tool
Feedback to the maker in the original post>>
Click here for full image
Next Page: Dokan's External Map>>