Broken Realm: A Crystal Saga Chronicle is a medieval-fantasy MMORPG released by R2Games. Broken Realm is the highly anticipated follow-up to R2Games' Crystal Saga: Origins which was released last year. Broken Realm uses optimized 2.5D realistic graphics to visually pull players into a vast virtual world recently torn apart by strife after the death of the much-loved Queen Hitomi. Players, at first blinded by loyalty to the new King Rycroft, fight their way up the ranks of the king's army only to learn that the new king isn't all that he seems to be. Starving peasants, escaped enemies and awakened demons have plagued the land ever since Rycroft has taken the throne. Is the king stopping such things, or causing them?
The World of Broken Realm
The reign of King Valcroy, after the defeat of the Undead and the evil Ice Queen, was a golden age of peace and prosperity. For many generations, Vidalia was the center of trade, commerce and protection from the outlying lands beyond the influence of the Vidalian Monarchy.
That was until the warrior queen, Hitomi VII, was assassinated without a direct heir to the throne. Nephews, cousins, uncles, all laid claim to the throne and the unity of the kingdom was quickly torn asunder. Queen Hitomi's nephew, Prince Rycroft, a ruthless and power-hungry man, but a man with the strongest claim to the throne, was able to take control of the capital city of Everglade and proclaimed himself King of all Vidalia. While the city itself is mostly stable, constant threats from rival claimants and enemy outlying lands has led to constant battle and a need for a steady stream of warriors ready to support the claims of King Rycroft and bring stability back to the realm.
With a strong blade and the ability to protect allies, the paladin class is the epitome of strength and honor. Dominate the battlefield, crush others in one-on-one combat, and defend your team as a chivalrous knight!
With brute force and a mighty axe, the barbarian class is a fearsome foe. Barbarians don the heaviest armor and the deadliest weapons. You don't want to make them angry.
Speed and stealth are the tricks of the trade for the archer class. Far from cowering in the distance, their skills in the dark arts will leave enemies trembling, if they are left standing at all.
Fire, ice, defend, attack! As intelligent fighters, the mage class is versatile and highly valued in any party. The mages draw power from the earth around them and release it as they see fit, which can be anything from a warm, healing glow to a deadly burst of lightening!
- Warlock – Masters of the elements, Warlocks cast powerful spells to attack large groups of foes at once.
- Chrononaut – Chrononauts can not only travel through time and space at will, but also manipulate it to attack their foes.
- Cleric – With faith as their guide, Clerics are able to harness light energy to both heal allies and attack enemies.
- Berserker – Ideal killing machines, Berserkers put their short-tempers and enormous strength to exceptional use against their foes.
- Lord – Natural-born leaders, Lords have high Defensive attributes and can help allies survive enemy attacks.
- Veteran – Survivors of countless wars, Veterans are experts in combat strategy. They fear nothing, as they have seen it all before.
- Marksman – Marksmen have the ability to quickly identify and attack an enemy's weak spot, which is reflected in their high Crit and Attack Speed.
- Assassin – Trained in the dark arts, Assassins are able to turn their enemies to stone and crush them with ease.
- Phantom – Elusive and highly intelligent, Phantoms can walk amongst their enemies without being seen.
- Pyroblade – Pyroblades can enchant their weapons with Fire elements. They have very high Physical Attack.
- Frostblade – Frostblades can shoot blasts of freezing-cold air from their swords to attack foes from afar. Enemies that rely on close-range attacks don't stand a chance against them.
- SpiritBlade – Spiritblades' swords are infused with the power of their souls. They have exceptionally high Magic Defense and healing powers.
- Sprit Stone – Wield your rage with force, annihilating surrounding enemies with a powerful mass-effect attack!
- Wisdom – Learn from your enemies as you slaughter them. Follow the path of experience to the rank of Master for ultimate fighting knowledge!
- Dragon's Hoard – Spin the wheel and take a chance at getting a load of great items from the dragon's hoard!
- Eternal Abyss – Fight your way to the deepest level of the abyss and receive great rewards!
- Military Rank – Earning honor will help you climb the military ranks in the king's army for special privileges.
- Training Tower – The training tower is where all aspiring warriors come to test their mettle. Single-handedly fight more and more ferocious beasts with each level you gain.
- Monster Rebellion – Prince Asamond has sent fierce beasts to overrun the capital city! You must defend the city from the vicious monsters!
- Training (Cyclical) – Need to gain strength? Visit the Hunting Expert to train here as much as you want.
- Front Line Report – The city defense leader needs to know what is happening on the front. Deliver the Front Line Report so he can keep the city safe!
- Treasure Hunt – The treasure merchant has some secret maps she'll sell you for a good price. Buy them and use them to find the treasure she hid long ago.
- Forbidden Iceland – The Forbidden Iceland is a frozen hell on earth! How long can you last?
- The Chambers of Fate – A place full of treasures and dangers! Here, you can only trust yourself.
- Dead Glen – Various places around the continent have been occupied by monsters. These areas are dangerous but also good places to improve your power.
- Shrine Defense – There are four ancient statues in the Lost Shrine which might be of aide in the coming battles. The monsters seem to recognize this as well as they have been attacking the shrine more and more. Defend the shrine and the statues at all costs!
- Bounty Hunt – Want to make some extra cash? The army is spread too thin, but people still need help so they have been offering hefty bounties for grunt work. You want a piece of the pie?
- Item Delivery – The army needs more supplies at the front! Help deliver them ASAP!
- Guild Duties – Your guild needs you! Check the list of responsibilities that need done every day to keep your guild on top.
- Guild Resource Battle – Battle other guilds for resources you can contribute to your guild's reserves. Look out! If you fall in battle, enemies can loot your stuff!
- Territorial Expansion – Expand your guild's territory for power and prestige!
- Gladiator Battlefield – An ancient battlefield in which you can team up with friends to battle other players as well as wandering monsters. Fight for your honor!
- Spectral Battlefield – Within this field, an ancient evil is sealed. But it is an evil that give immense power! Possess the Seal Stone to harness that power, but it will also make you an enemy of all that enter here. Will you survive?
World BOSS Battles
- The Ice Queen – Deep in the icy Labyrinth is the realm of the Ice Queen. Can you take her down, or will you be frozen by her mystical spells?
- Rhakar the Spider – Deep in the Darkwood Forest, Rhakar the Spider waits for his moment to spring his trap! Will you escape or will you be caught in his web of death?
- The Reaper – Lost in the catacombs of Devil's Lair is the Reaper. Down here, you may lose more than your way.
- Snow Diamond King – Found in Frostwhisper Plain, you will find the Snow Diamond King. Do you dare go near this vicious beast?
- System Settings – Sound settings, game effects, and other game play options.
- Toolbar – Place skills and potions for easy access.
- Chat system – There are five chat channels: General, Whisper, Party, Guild, World.
- Friends (O) – View, add, and remove friends here.
- Quest (T) – Check current quest and available quests.
- Skills (V) – Skills and Advanced Class selection and skills.
- Pack (B) – Your inventory.
- Pet (X) – Opens the pet interface for the care and management of pets.
- Mount (N) – Opens the mount interface for feeding and upgrading mounts.
- Wings (J) – Opens the wings interface for viewing and upgrading wings.
- Character (C) – Your character.
- Map (M) – World Map.
- Item Shop (O) – Purchase powerful items and materials.
- Forge – Used to enchant, socket, synthesize, refine and recycle equipment and items.